Health and Wellness Vision
& Mission Statement
Our vision and mission is to assist those who enter the community to optimal health – body, mind and spirit – as quickly and economically as possible while they transition from a city lifestyle to a cooperative country culture.
To accomplish this mission, we will:
- Provide assessment tools to evaluate the members level of health
- Provide education to help members understand principles to guide them to optimal health as quickly and economically as possible
- Create a health center with skilled providers and a support staff. Teams of providers will work together to determine the optimal care for individuals. All aspects of health and healing will be addressed, including but not limited to: Physical disorders and pre-existing health conditions, Nutrition, Emotional and stress management, lifestyle and interpersonal skills training, Fitness plans and programs and time management training. All of this in positive fun ways recognizing effort and success. It is our goal to provide structured and unstructured opportunities on all levels of care promoting physical, emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual, environmental, and occupational health and well-being so that residents can maximize their independence, self-reliance and quality of a cooperative life in a rural culture.
- Workshops, classes, training, coaching, mentoring, cottage industry, microgreens, gardening, exercise groups & classes
- Basic home healthcare, basic knowledge, emergency procedures
- Assist in the planning of the land development of the community to emphasize social connectedness of the residents. This will include walking paths, gathering areas such as pavilions, picnic areas, playgrounds and group dining/cooking areas.